SMOOTHIE RATING GUIDE
1. Name of Drink: Each operation has their own names for drinks even though the ingredients may be the same. It is interesting to see what names the companies are coming up with. The Drink size may be 12 ounce 16 ounce 20 ounce or 24 ounce. Whatever the ounce sizes please mark the sizes here.
2. Type of Smoothie Base: What is the predominant ingredient that is used for the base of the smoothie in question? Even though there may be more than one of the ingredients present the one that dominates should be selected. Place a check in the appropriate space.
3. Brix %: this is a very critical aspect of analyzing each smoothie drink. This is done with a refractometer. The numbers will be between 10 and 20 % on most smoothies. The higher the number the higher the sugar content.
4. Vitamin Mineral Rating: 1 through 4 with 4 being the best rating. The ratings are as follows:
1. Nothing Added Poor Vitamin\ Mineral representation
2. Some Vitamins\ Minerals added basics of DV covered under 25%
3. Vitamins \Minerals Added good representation 25% to 50% DV on most items
4. Vitamins and Minerals Added excellent representation 50% to 100% DV on most items
Protein Rating: I through 4 with 4 being the best rating.
1. Nothing Added Poor Protein Content
2. Some protein present Poor representation
3. Good protein levels but not in balance
4. Excellent Protein levels all Amino Acids in balance
6. Sense Observations: This is subjective in nature and will change with each person doing the test. Taste, Texture, Smell & Feel. Feel is how do you feel after you drink the smoothie? Rank 1 to 4 with one being the highest/best.
7. Sales Price: Normal Retail Value
8. % Food Cost. Cost of ingredients not including paper, cup, straw or lid.
9. Rating: Subjective and objective valuation based on Combined values of Nutritional Rating and Sense Observations. The overall rating would be from 1to 4 with 1 being the highest/best.